Terms of Service
Shipping/Terms of Service (TOS)
There have been MANY delays in delivery by FedEx. Per FedEx, the reason for these delays is too much volume and not enough workers (due to Covid). Remember that our LAG does NOT cover delays by FedEx. Therefore, we are currently STRONGLY recommending that you have your order held for pickup at a FedEx Ship Center that will hold live animals for pickup.
· Continental USA Shipping only (lower 48 states) AND Alaska. NO sales to Hawaii.
· Shipping days are Monday - Wednesday for Overnight and Monday - Tuesday for 2nd Day Air.
· FedEx 2nd Day Air shipments are not available in the winter (December - April).
· We will not ship via US Postal Service under any circumstances.
· We reserve the right to change the Terms of Service at any time. If they are changed after a package is sent out, that package only has to abide by the previous terms.
· We reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason.
· We limit sales to responsible parties over the age of 18 – NO EXCEPTIONS.
· All sales are final.
· We reserve the right to hold shipments until temperatures/conditions are safe.
· We accept PayPal and most Credit Cards. Cash will be accepted in person NO CHECKS!
· South Carolina Sales Tax AND Local Tax (7% total) is added to all orders that are shipping WITHIN the state of South Carolina.
· We do not hold animals without payment.
· Cancelled orders are subject to a 3% restocking fee
· PayPal will REQUIRE a contact phone number for Air Shipments. This is so that FedEx can contact you if there is an issue – we will not use your phone number NOR will we provide it to anyone else (we dislike telemarketers too…).
· All Sales are final.
• Orders can be held for pick-up at your local FedEx Ship Center. Please keep in mind, though, that the Ship Center MUST allow live animals to be held. FedEx offices at Walgreens or Office Depot, for example, and even FedEx Office Print & Ship Center locations do NOT allow Live Animals to be held for pickup. Please contact us for the FedEx Ship Center closest to you that DOES accept live animals for pickup.
• Please keep in mind that both of us have “Day Jobs”, so your orders may not ship the same day that you place an order.
• Freebies are included AT OUR DISCRETION. We MAY include a freebie, based upon the size of the order, and the freebie chosen is also at our discretion based upon:
- What you ordered (we won't include an Old World Arboreal if you only ordered New World Terrestrials, for example.
- What we have in stock when we are packing your order.
We are also interested in trades on slings!
We do ship with heat/ice packs as needed, at no extra charge!
We pride ourselves on superior customer service and we LOVE to answer your questions.
Amanda & Erik
Live Arrival Guarantee
Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG) when the following conditions are met:
• LAG is only available on Fed Ex Priority Overnight shipments.
• Temperatures in your area are no higher than 90 degrees and no lower than 45 degrees. We DO use heat packs and cold packs, when required, at no additional charge.
• The package must arrive the day after departure (Example: Package leaves Monday and arrives Tuesday).
• In the winter, keep in mind that snow may result in a carrier delay, even if the snow is in a city along the route of your package. We are not responsible for carrier delays resulting in a DOA.
• The package must be signed for on the first delivery attempt.
• Any DOA must be reported within 4 hours of the package's arrival/pickup. Photo evidence may be required (pin through the abdomen).
• Packages held at a Ship Center must be picked up the same day it is available.
• In the event of a DOA, only the cost of the animal (not including shipping) will be refunded.
• We MAY require a DOA specimen to be shipped back at the buyer's expense.
• We are NOT responsible for carrier delays/accidents resulting in a DOA.
• LAG does not apply to any “freebies”.