Terms of Service & Shipping
Terms of Service
Shipping/Terms of Service (TOS)
There have been MANY delays in delivery by FedEx to residential addresses. Per FedEx, the reason for these delays is too much volume and not enough workers (due to Covid). Remember that our LAG does NOT cover delays by FedEx. Therefore, we are currently STRONGLY recommending that you have your order held for pickup at a FedEx Ship Center that will hold live animals for pickup.
· Continental USA Shipping only (lower 48 states) AND Alaska. NO sales to Hawaii. NO sales to other countries.
· Shipping days are Monday - Wednesday
· We do not ship FedEx 2nd Day Air shipments at this time. We may chose to offer this service to select states during the spring and fall, when temperatures are moderate. Remember, the health of the animal you purchase is our highest priority.
· We will not ship via US Postal Service or via UPS under any circumstances.
· We reserve the right to change the Terms of Service at any time. If they are changed after a package is sent out, that package only has to abide by the previous terms.
· We reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason.
· We limit sales to responsible parties over the age of 18 – NO EXCEPTIONS.
· All sales are final.
· We reserve the right to hold shipments until temperatures/conditions are safe.
· We accept PayPal and most Credit Cards. Cash will be accepted in person NO CHECKS! PayPal is the service we use to process our credit cards, but you do NOT have to have an account with PayPal to order on our website.
· South Carolina Sales Tax AND Local Tax (7% total) is added to all orders that are shipping WITHIN the state of South Carolina.
· We do not hold animals without payment.
· Cancelled orders are subject to a $10 restocking fee.
· PayPal will REQUIRE a contact phone number for Air Shipments. This is so that FedEx can contact you if there is an issue – we will not use your phone number NOR will we provide it to anyone else (we dislike telemarketers too…).
· All Sales are final.
• Orders can be held for pick-up at your local FedEx Ship Center. Please keep in mind, though, that the Ship Center MUST allow live animals to be held. FedEx offices at Walgreens or Office Depot, for example, and even FedEx Office Print & Ship Center locations do NOT allow Live Animals to be held for pickup. Please contact us for the FedEx Ship Center closest to you that DOES accept live animals for pickup.
• Freebies are included AT OUR DISCRETION and typically for orders over $150 before shipping. The freebie chosen is also at our discretion based upon:
- What you ordered (we won't include an Old World Arboreal if you only ordered New World Terrestrials, for example.
- What we have in stock when we are packing your order.
We are also interested in trades on slings!
We do ship with heat/ice packs as needed, at no extra charge!
We pride ourselves on superior customer service and we LOVE to answer your questions.
Amanda & Erik
Live Arrival Guarantee
Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG) when the following conditions are met:
• LAG is only available on Fed Ex Priority Overnight shipments.
• For home deliveries, temperatures in your area can be no higher than 90 degrees and no lower than 45 degrees. We DO use heat packs and cold packs, when required, at no additional charge.
• LAG is honored when held at a Ship Center when temps are outside of range as the animals are held in a climate-controlled area.
• The package must arrive the day after departure (Example: Package leaves Monday and arrives Tuesday).
• In the winter, keep in mind that snow may result in a carrier delay, even if the snow is in a city along the route of your package. We are not responsible for carrier delays resulting in a DOA.
• The package must be signed for on the first delivery attempt.
• Tarantula DOAs/ injury must be reported within 2 hours of the package's arrival/pickup. Reptile DOAs/ injury must be reported within 1 hour of arrival/ pick up. Photo evidence is required: Tarantula - pin through the abdomen on your Packing Slip with the Order Number visible. Reptiles - video of the deceased over the Packing Slip.
• There is NO LAG on Mature Male tarantulas!
• Packages held at a Ship Center must be picked up the same day it is available.
• In the event of a DOA, only the cost of the animal (not including shipping) will be refunded.
• We MAY require a DOA specimen to be shipped back at the buyer's expense.
• We are NOT responsible for carrier delays/accidents resulting in a DOA.
• LAG does not apply to any “freebies”.