Terms of Service & Shipping
Terms of Service
Shipping/Terms of Service (TOS)
There have been MANY delays in delivery by FedEx. Per FedEx, the reason for these delays is too much volume and not enough workers (due to Covid). Remember that our LAG does NOT cover delays by FedEx. Therefore, we are currently STRONGLY recommending that you have your order held for pickup at a FedEx Ship Center that will hold live animals for pickup.
· Continental USA Shipping only (lower 48 states) AND Alaska. NO sales to Hawaii.
· Shipping days are Monday – Wednesday.
· We do not ship FedEx 2nd Day Air shipments at this time. We may elect to do so during the “mild” spring and autumn months. If 2nd Day Air is available at the time you place your order, it will be an available option on your check-out page.
· We will not ship via US Postal Service under any circumstances or via UPS.
· We reserve the right to change the Terms of Service at any time. If they are changed after a package is sent out, that package will be subject to the previous terms of service.
· We reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason.
· We limit sales to responsible parties over the age of 18 – NO EXCEPTIONS.
· All sales are final.
· We reserve the right to hold shipments until temperatures/conditions are safe.
· We accept PayPal and most Credit Cards via PayPal. Cash will be accepted in person NO CHECKS!
· South Carolina Sales Tax AND Local Tax (7% total) is added to all orders that are shipping WITHIN the state of South Carolina. Sorry, we don’t make the tax laws…
· We do not hold animals without payment.
· Cancelled orders are subject to a $10 restocking fee.
· PayPal will REQUIRE a contact phone number for Air Shipments. This is so that FedEx can contact you if there is an issue – we will not use your phone number NOR will we provide it to anyone else (we dislike telemarketers too…).
· All Sales are final.
• Orders can be held for pick-up at your local FedEx Ship Center. Please keep in mind, though, that the Ship Center MUST allow live animals to be held. FedEx offices at Walgreens or Office Depot, for example, and even FedEx Office Print & Ship Center locations do NOT allow Live Animals to be held for pickup. Please contact us for the FedEx Ship Center closest to you that DOES accept live animals for pickup. Yes, we understand that you may have had orders from other dealers held for pick up at your local Walgreen’s at that “your dude” at Walgreen’s is totally cool with you having your live animals shipped there. HOWEVER, the workers higher in the chain that routes the packages don’t know that you “have a dude”, and, frankly, they don’t care. The workers that route your package will see the live animal labels on the box, and they know that FedEx national policy is that live animals can only be held for pickup at AUTHORIZED FedEx Ship Center’s. Therefore, they will return your order to us. Packages returned by FedEx are not subject to “Priority” handling, and therefore, are not usually returned for days a time. In other words, we’ve learned, and we ONLY ship to AUTHORIZED FedEx Ship Centers.
• We’ve all gotten used to buying stuff online and receiving it within a day or too, and that is fantastic. However, we are shipping live animals! We care about the animals you ordered and we will NOT ship if it is unsafe to do so. We’d rather you be upset with a delay that being upset at receiving a dead animal. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures (hot OR cold), and you know that the closest FedEx Ship Center is two hours away, then our suggestion is to wait and place your order in the spring or fall when your local temperatures are mild.
• Please keep in mind that your order will RARELY ship the same day that you place an order. There are other orders that were placed prior to yours, we only ship Monday – Wednesday, and we will only ship your order after we carefully check the weather and temperature conditions at your zip code.
• Freebies are included AT OUR DISCRETION and typically for orders over $150 before shipping. The freebie chosen is also at our discretion based upon:
- What you ordered (we won't include an Old World Arboreal if you only ordered New World Terrestrials, for example.
- What we have in stock when we are packing your order.
- To be blunt, what our profit margin is on your order (after all, we are a business and we are trying to make money). If your order is $150, but every item on your order is an item that is already on sale, then we may not provide a freebie.
We are also interested in trades on slings!
We do ship with heat/ice packs as needed, at no extra charge!
We pride ourselves on superior customer service and we LOVE to answer your questions.
Live Arrival Guarantee
Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG) when the following conditions are met:
• LAG is only available on Fed Ex Priority Overnight shipments.
• For home deliveries, temperatures in your area can be no higher than 90 degrees and no lower than 45 degrees. We DO use heat packs and cold packs, when required, at no additional charge.
• LAG is honored when held at a Ship Center when temps are outside of range as the animals are held in a climate-controlled area.
• The package must arrive the day after departure (Example: Package leaves Monday and arrives Tuesday).
• In the winter, keep in mind that snow may result in a carrier delay, even if the snow is in a city along the route of your package. We are not responsible for carrier delays resulting in a DOA.
• The package must be signed for on the first delivery attempt.
• Tarantula DOAs/ injury must be reported within 2 hours of the package's arrival/pickup. Reptile DOAs/ injury must be reported within 1 hour of arrival/ pick up. Photo evidence is required: Tarantula - pin through the abdomen on your Packing Slip with the Order Number visible. Reptiles - video of the deceased over the Packing Slip.
• Packages held at a Ship Center must be picked up the same day it is available.
• In the event of a DOA, only the cost of the animal (not including shipping) will be refunded.
• We MAY require a DOA specimen to be shipped back at the buyer's expense.
• We are NOT responsible for carrier delays/accidents resulting in a DOA.
• LAG does not apply to any “freebies”.
All photographs on our website are property of Pinchers & Pokies Exotics, LLC. Please inquire for usage.
See the Terms Of Service page for shipping information.
Copyright © 2015