Caribena versicolor (formally Avicularia) - Antilles/Martinique Pinktoe
For orders $150 or more (before shipping) you can add on a gorgeous versicolor sling for only $35! Spend $250 or more, add for just $1! Get yours before they are gone! Simply fill your cart with your desired animal(s), and select the Promo in the drop down that applies to you.
***Promos offered in lieu of freebies***
***Limit one Promo offer per Order***
- This New World arboreal was first collected from the Caribbean island of Martinique, which lies within the Lesser Antilles archipelago. Also found on Dominica and Guadeloupe, islands to the north within this island chain.
- Spiderlings of C. versicolor are bright blue, with a black tree trunk pattern on the abdomen. As they grow, they gradually lose their blue coloration; the carapace turns green, the abdomen red, and the legs turn green with pink tarsi and a covering of purple hairs.
- Antilles Pinktoes are naturally docile, although they are quick and can jump up to 30 cm far or high. They possess type II urticating hairs for defense, but unlike terrestrial new world tarantulas they generally do not kick them, choosing to instead press them against the perceived threat when used.
- Normal adult size is 4.5" - 6".
- "Versi" spiderlings have an undeserved reputation for being difficult to raise. The primary reason some keepers have had high mortality is that they are keeping them too moist and the spiders are succumbing to stagnant conditions.